The La Salette Fathers introduced devotions to Our Lady of La Salette in the first church established at Forget in 1899. Pilgrimages were held here from 1922 to 1929. In the early fifties, under the direction of Rev. H. Poirier, an impressive outdoor shrine of fieldstone was erected. Annual pilgrimages to the shrine were revived by Archbishop O’Neill in 1954.
2:00 pm – Holy Hour
3:00 pm – Reconciliation
3:30 pm – Procession to the Shrine and Recitation of the Rosary
4:00 pm – Mass celebrated by Father Ed Hengen
Supper for sale at the Legion in Stoughton following Mass (Food & drink are available. Please bring your own lawn chairs.)
Forget is off Highway 13 and is 11 kms east of Stoughton. Contact Our Lady of Sorrows Church in Lampman at (306) 487-2497
The grotto was built in 1987 to celebrate the Marian Year. The Blessed Kateri Shrine and a native cairn were also constructed and in 1988 a Way of the Cross was added. The cairn is made of split field stones designed in the shape of an eagle, a traditional symbol for the Great Spirit.
(The shrine is 12 km. east of Balcarres on Highway #10, and 6 km. north)
Annual pilgrimage is Sunday June 25, 2017. The day begins at 12:30 p.m. with a traditional feast followed by Mass and a Flower Day celebration revisiting the cemetary. Everyone is welcome.
Contact Sr. Bernadette Feist (306) 332-6838 or Lloyd Desnomie at (306)334-2808*
Shrine of Mary, Queen of Hearts Pilgrimage, Lestock, SK
(Lestock is 110 km. north of Regina on Highway #6, and is 42 km. east of Raymore on Highway #15)
In the 1930's and 1940's parish priest, Father J. A. Menard, encouraged devotion to Mary, Queen of All Hearts and received approval by Archbishop Monahan in 1942. In 1943 a statue of Our Lady was erected. In 1951 the title of the church was changed from St. Gertrude to Mary, Queen of All Hearts. Archbishop O’Neill authorized the erection of a shrine adjoining the new rectory . The first public pilgrimage was held during the 1954 Marian year. The Qu’Appelle Deanery Pilgrimage will be held on Sunday, July 16, 2017 Mary, Queen of All Hearts Shrine in Lestock.
Mary Our Mother Our Family Rock Program
2:00 Reconciliation (Confession in the church) Adoration of blessed Sacrament
3:00 Living Rosary Novena Devotions
4:00 Celebration of the Eucharist - Anointing of the sick
Notre Dame d'Auvergne/Our Lady of Sorrows Pigrimage, Ponteix SK
In 1908 Father Albert Royer founded the parish of Notre-Dame d’Auvergne (Our Lady of Auvergne) in this mainly French farming community. A 400-year old statue of Our Lady of Sorrows was given to Fr. Royer by a friend from Auvergne, France. The statue was originally covered in gold. It had been hidden by peasants during the French Revolution to save it from desecration and vandalism. The statue was the only thing to survive a fire that destroyed the church in 1922. The new church was completed in 1930 and in 1934 the pilgrimages began.
Sunday, From 2pm to 9pm
THEME: “The Lord Has Done Great Things For Me, And Holy Is His Name”. (Luke 1: 49)
Guest Speaker: Most Rev. Donald Bolen, Archbishop of Regina Speakers: Archdiocesan Youth Team (Regina) Venue: Our Lady of Auvergne Catholic Church, Ponteix, Sk Ponteix is 78 km west of Assiniboia on Highway 13.
2:00pm: - Welcome & Introduction of the Speakers
2:05pm: - Presentation by the Archdiocesan Youth Team (Regina)
3:00pm: - Coffee Break & Refreshment at the Parish Hall
3:30pm: - Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament (Songs by the Youth Team) Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession) The Chaplet of Divine Mercy (By Mrs. Annette Labelle)
4:40pm: - Anointing of Sick
5:30pm: - Supper at the Parish hall
7:30pm: - Holy Mass Presided by Archbishop Bolen, followed by Candle light Procession with the Pieta, Lunch will follow at the Parish Hall
Contact pastor of Notre Dame d’Auvergne Parish, Ponteix at (306) 625-3207
Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine St. Peter's Colony, Kronau, SK
In 1913 Rev. Henry Metzger, a French priest from Alsace-Lorraine, was assigned to St. Peter’s Colony at Kronau. He envisioned a grotto built in honour of Our Lady of Lourdes on the banks that skirted Many Bone Creek. The people were determined to build a shrine as planned and excavation began in the spring of 1917. After two months of concentrated community effort , the grotto, the first in the archdiocese was completed. The first pilgrimage was held on August 15, 1917 with five thousand pilgrims in attendance. Archbishop Mathieu came to bless the shrine. The Annual pilgrimage is held on second weekend of August
12:00 P.M. Registration Table/Social
2-4:00 P.M. Family Fun Activity Stations (youth Leadership Team)
Reconciliation will be available
4:00 MASS with Fr. Ed Hengen and Archdiocesan Youth Choir
5:00 P.M. Supper (preorder hot ddog meal $5 or Hamburger meal $7
6:30P.M. Eucharistic Adoration/Living Rosary at Grotto (Youth Leadership team overnight in the church, sign up on Facebook)
8:00 P.M. Concert - Trudel/Anderson Family, Cinima at dusk - "Song of Bernadette"
9:00 A.M. Registration Table/Social
9:30 A.M. Stations of the Cross in church
10:30 A.M. Deacon Bob Williston concert and testimony
11:30 A.M. Light Lunch
1:30 P.M. Rosary
1:00 PM Reconciliation in the Church
2:30 P.M. Procession (Parishes are invited to bring banners)
3:00 P.M. Pilgrimage Mass Blessing of the Sick and religious articles.
100 year commemorative photo to be taken at Grotto following Mass
Supper Pre-order Beef-on-a-bun meal $15.
100th Pilgrimage Memory Lane of Timeless Moments: Take a heart stirring "100th Year Anniversary Journey" through cherished ancestral legacy displays in the Rastadt School House.
Location is 24 km. SE of Regina on Hwy 33, 10 km. east of Kronau)
Bus coming from Holy Cross - Meals for sale or bring your own - Wheelchair accessible - Bring Umbrella
76th Annual Pilgrimage Our Lady of Lourdes, Rama, SK
In 1933 Oblate Father Anthony Sylla, OMI was appointed the first resident pastor. Fr. Sylla had a personal devotion to Mary and he began planning the the building of a grotto with his Polish and Ukrainian parishioners. The onset of the depression years delayed his plans. Construction began in 1939 and in 1940 a large front wall and side wings were erected in the form of a half circle. On June 15, 1941, Msgr A.J. Janssen, Vicar General of the Archdiocese of Regina, blessed the shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes. The first pilgrimage was organized that year. In 1944 a cross was placed on top of the grotto and statues of the Sorrowful Mother and Saint John were erected at the foot of the cross. Three statues of Christ were added to the grotto as well - statues depicting the Lord taken down from the cross, one of the Lord in the Tomb and one of the Resurrection of Jesus. In 1954 the Knights of Columbus donated a statue of Our Lady of Grace and built an artificial lake. In the late 1959 the Stations of the Cross were erected around the grotto. Rama is 45 km. northwest of Canora next to St. Anthony's Church on Highway #5
Monday, - Vigil of the Assumption
6 pm Hymns of Praise to Mary (Filipino Choir) 6-7:45 Confessions and other times as priests are available 7:30 Fatima Message 8:00 Unveiling and Blessing of the statues of St. John Paul II & St. Mother Teresa(from Italy)
Procession with "traveling" International Pilgrim statue of Our Lady of Fatima,
Mass (main celebrant-Archbishop Donald Bolen)
Living Rosary, Candlelight Procession,
Exposition& Adoration of The Blessed Sacrament
Tuesday, August 15-Feast of the Assumption of The Blessed Virgin Mary
8:30 am Morning Devotional Prayers to Mary in Polish(church) 9:00am Mass in Polish (church) 10:00am Divine Liturgy in the Byzantine Rite (grotto) 11:00am Stations of the Cross & Anointing of the Sick & Aged 12:15 pm Final Mass - Blessing for Plenary Indulgence, Blessing of Religious Articles
NOTE: "Traveling" International Pilgrim Statue of Our Lady of Fatima will be present for both days(Aug. 14 & 15)
History of Fatima Apparations 1917-2017:In 2017, we are celebrating the centennial of the Apparations of the Virgin Mary at Fatima, in Portugal, the most well-known and important Apparition in the history of mankind. From May 13 to October 13, 1917, the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared six times to three young shepherds: Jacinta Marto, aged 7, her brother, Francisco, aged 9, and their 10-year-old cousin, Lucia Dos Santos. As predicted by Our Lady , the first two children passed away at a very young age: Jacinta when she was 9, and Francisco in 1919 at the age of 11. As for Lucia, the Blessed Virgin Mary told her that she would have to stay on earth "a little longer" to make Her Message known. She became a Carmelite and died at the age of 97 on January 13, 2005. Jacinta and Francisco were beatified on May 13, 2000. Lucia's beatification process is underway. "Pray much and do penance for sinners, for many souls go to hell because there is no one to do penance and to pray for them" was what Mary told the three children. " To save them, God wants to establish in the world the devotion to My Immaculate Heart. If you do as I say, many souls will be saved, and we will have peace."
Aug. 14- Bus ($20.00 return); Leaves St. Patrick's Parish in Saskatoon at 12:30 pm, Stops in Humboldt and Watson for pick-ups Arrives in Rama at approximately 4:30 pm
Supper: 5:00 pm($13.00) MUST be pre-booked before August 1st, Call Mary @ 306-593-6120 or email maryjoesasktel [dot] net
Accommodation( if attending both days) Bed & Breakfast available. Limited rooms available! Call early if interested.
Camping: Many available spots for self-contained units.
Food:Supper 5:00 -6:00 pm MUST BE PRE-BOOKED by August 1st Cost: $13.00 Home-made Pie & Hotdogs after Candlelight Procession Breakfast - Toast & Coffee (8:00 - 10:00 am) Lunch - BBQ (after Final Mass)
Sunday - Annual Mass for the Unborn
12:15 pm Mass at the grotto with rosary lead by the K of C before Mass, Procession and prayers at statue of St. Gianna Beretta Molla - Flowers may be placed at statue in memory of Unborn - Luncheon at the Parish Hall following Mass
For more info, contact Mary@ 306-593-6120 or email maryjoesasktel [dot] net
Kaposvar is five kilometres south of Esterhazy, near the Manitoba border.
Kaposvar was founded by Count Paul Esterhazy who brought Hungarian families to settle here in 1886. A simple log church was built in 1892. The present church was constructed on 1906 and 1907 by brothers of Father Jules Pirot. Hungarian settlers hauled stones by land boats from their surrounding farms and assisted in the construction of the church. It was officially opened in 1908. During 1941-42 the youth of the parish built the Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes. The first pilgrimage took place in the Marian Year of 1954 and attracted some 2500 pilgrims. A stone Stations of the Cross was built in 1986.
In 1961 the parish amalgamated with Our Lady of Victories Roman Catholic Church as there were no longer enough farmers to maintain the upkeep of the church. During this time Kaposvar was made a mission and used for weddings, anniversaries, or special request masses. Presently, it is still used for such occasions. This historical site has been the scene of an annual pilgrimage each summer with hundreds of people in attendance.(The Shrine is 5 km. south of Esterhazy) This year's Pigrimmage will be on Sunday August 20th
Contact Bea Twardzik 306 745-6374, Eola Stevenson 306 740-6095, or Our Lady of Victories Parish in Esterhazy – 306-745-3315 for more information