The La Salette Fathers introduced devotions to Our Lady of La Salette in the first church established at Forget in 1899. Pilgrimages were held here from 1922 to 1929. In the early fifties, under the direction of Rev. H. Poirier, an impressive outdoor shrine of fieldstone was erected. Annual pilgrimages to the shrine were revived by Archbishop O’Neill in 1954.
Our Lady of La Salette Shrine, in Forget, Sask.
Sunday, June 10th, 2018
2:00 PM – Holy Hour
3:00 Pm – Reconciliation
3:30 PM – Procession to the Shrine a Recitation of the Rosary
4:00 PM – Mass celebrated by Rev. Gary Kuntz
[Following the Mass, Supper will be available at the Stoughton Legion Hall. All are welcome!]
All are invited to join us for a day of faith and fellowship!
Please bring a lawn chair to use at the Shrine
Date: Sunday June 10th, 2018 Registration at 1:00 p.m. Mass at 4:00 p.m.
Venue: Forget is off Highway 13 and is 11 kms east of Stoughton. Contact Our Lady of Sorrows Church in Lampman at (306) 487-2497
The grotto was built in 1987 to celebrate the Marian Year. The Blessed Kateri Shrine and a native cairn were also constructed and in 1988 a Way of the Cross was added. The cairn is made of split field stones designed in the shape of an eagle, a traditional symbol for the Great Spirit.
Annual pilgrimage is held Sunday June 24, 2018.
Venue: (The shrine is 12 km. east of Balcarres on Highway #10, and 6 km. north) Contact Sr. Bernadette Feist (306) 332-6838 or Lloyd Desnomie at (306)334-2808*
Shrine of Mary, Queen of Hearts Pilgrimage, Lestock, SK
In the 1930's and 1940's parish priest, Father J. A. Menard, encouraged devotion to Mary, Queen of All Hearts and received approval by Archbishop Monahan in 1942. In 1943 a statue of Our Lady was erected. In 1951 the title of the church was changed from St. Gertrude to Mary, Queen of All Hearts. Archbishop O’Neill authorized the erection of a shrine adjoining the new rectory . The first public pilgrimage was held during the 1954 Marian year.
Sunday, June 24th, 2018
2:00 PM: Reconciliation (in the church)
3:00 PM: Living Rosary and Novena Devotion
4:00 PM: Celebration of Eucharist and anointing of the sick with Archbishop Bolen
5:30 PM: Ham Supper (Adults $12.00 Children under 12 $8.00 Children under 6 Free.)
Please bring lawnchairs and umbrellas
Venue: Mary, Queen of All Hearts Shrine in Lestock. (Lestock is 110 km. north of Regina on Highway #6, and is 42 km. east of Raymore on Highway #15)
Notre Dame d'Auvergne/Our Lady of Sorrows Pigrimage, Ponteix SK
In 1908 Father Albert Royer founded the parish of Notre-Dame d’Auvergne (Our Lady of Auvergne) in this mainly French farming community. A 400-year old statue of Our Lady of Sorrows was given to Fr. Royer by a friend from Auvergne, France. The statue was originally covered in gold. It had been hidden by peasants during the French Revolution to save it from desecration and vandalism. The statue was the only thing to survive a fire that destroyed the church in 1922. The new church was completed in 1930 and in 1934 the pilgrimages began.
84th ANNUAL PILGRIMAGE OF NOTRE DAME D’AUVERGNE, PONTEIX – JULY 16, 2018
THEME: “Go Into The World And Proclaim The Good News…” Mark 16:15 (Focus on the Missionary Dimension of Every Church Community) Guest Speaker: Very Rev. Fr. Tiburtius Fernandez, SMA
2:00pm – Welcome & Introduction of the Speaker 14h00 – Mot de bienvenue et introduction de notre invité
2:05pm – Presentation by Very Rev. Fr. Tiburtius Fernandez, SMA 14h05 – Présentation par le Père Tiburtius Fernandez, sma
3:00pm – The Chaplet of Divine Mercy (French & English) 15h00 – Chaplet de la Divine Miséricorde (Français & Anglais)
3:30pm – Coffee Break & Refreshment at the Parish Hall 15h30 – Pause café à la Salle paroissiale
4:00pm – Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament – Sacrament of Reconciliation 16h00 – Exposition du Très Saint Sacrement – Sacrement de la Réconciliation
4:50pm – Anointing of Sick 16h40 – Sacrement des malades
5:30pm – Supper at the Parish hall 17h30 – Souper à la Salle paroissiale
7:30pm – Holy Mass presided by Very Rev. Fr. Tiburtius Fernandez, SMA and concelebrated by all the Priests of the Swift Current Deanery, followed by candlelight procession with the Pietà and the release of the helium Rosary Balloon.
19h30 – Messe présidée par le Père Tiburtius Fernandez, SMA et concélébrée par tous les prêtres du Doyenné de Swift Current, suivi de la procession avec flambeaux et la Pietà, et le lâcher du Rosaire de ballons
Lunch will follow at the Parish Hall. Un goûter sera servi à la salle paroissiale après la Procession.
The Speaker for the 2018 Annual Pilgrimage of Our Lady of Auvergne, Ponteix is Very Rev. Fr. Tiburtius Fernandez, SMA. Fr. Tiburtius Fernandez is born in Sri Lanka and he is a Priest of the Society of African Missions, SMA. Currently, he is the Superior of SMA Fathers in Canada. Father Tiburtius had his Schooling and Seminary studies in India. He holds a Master’s in Bible from St. Peter’s Pontifical Theological Institute, Bangalore, India and a Diploma in Communications from Association Catéchétique Nationale pour l’Audiovisuel, Paris, France. Fr. Tiburtius has been a Missionary Priest in West Africa for 14 years and lived in Canada for the last 10 years. For 5 years, he was part of the Pastoral Team at Saint Joseph’s Oratory, Montreal. Fr. Tiburtius has written many inspiring books in the fields of Homilies such as “Homilies for year A, B, and C” and other subjects.
Venue: Our Lady of Auvergne Catholic Church, Ponteix, Sk Ponteix is 78 km west of Assiniboia on Highway 13. Contact: pastor of Notre Dame d’Auvergne Parish, Ponteix at (306) 625-3207
Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine, St. Peter's Colony, Kronau, SK
In 1913 Rev. Henry Metzger, a French priest from Alsace-Lorraine, was assigned to St. Peter’s Colony at Kronau. He envisioned a grotto built in honour of Our Lady of Lourdes on the banks that skirted Many Bone Creek. The people were determined to build a shrine as planned and excavation began in the spring of 1917. After two months of concentrated community effort , the grotto, the first in the archdiocese was completed. The first pilgrimage was held on August 15, 1917 with five thousand pilgrims in attendance. Archbishop Mathieu came to bless the shrine. The Annual pilgrimage is held on second weekend of August
101st Annual Pilgrimage Sunday August 12th, 2018:
1:00 pm – Adoration/Benediction & Reconciliation in the church 2:15 pm – Rosary in the grotto 3:00 pm – Mass & Anointing of the Sick Main Celebrant and Homilist – Fr. JB Okai All priests are invited to attend and assist with Mass and Reconciliation Music provided by Journey & Praise Polka Group All children are invited to join in the Marian Statue Procession, as well parish banners are welcome (please come 15 minutes before Mass) Please bring umbrellas for shade
77th Annual Pilgrimage Our Lady of Lourdes, Rama, SK
In 1933 Oblate Father Anthony Sylla, OMI was appointed the first resident pastor. Fr. Sylla had a personal devotion to Mary and he began planning the the building of a grotto with his Polish and Ukrainian parishioners. The onset of the depression years delayed his plans. Construction began in 1939 and in 1940 a large front wall and side wings were erected in the form of a half circle. On June 15, 1941, Msgr A.J. Janssen, Vicar General of the Archdiocese of Regina, blessed the shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes. The first pilgrimage was organized that year. In 1944 a cross was placed on top of the grotto and statues of the Sorrowful Mother and Saint John were erected at the foot of the cross. Three statues of Christ were added to the grotto as well - statues depicting the Lord taken down from the cross, one of the Lord in the Tomb and one of the Resurrection of Jesus. In 1954 the Knights of Columbus donated a statue of Our Lady of Grace and built an artificial lake. In the late 1959 the Stations of the Cross were erected around the grotto.
August 14 & 15th, 2018
Venue: Rama is 45 km. northwest of Canora next to St. Anthony's Church on Highway #5
Vigil of the Assumption- Tuesday, August 14
5:00 PM: Supper (Prebook 306-593-6120) by August 1st 6:00 PM: Hymns of Praise to Mary ( Yorkton Filipino Choir) 6:00 - 7:45PM: Confessions (and other times as priests are available) 8:00 PM: Mass - Followed by Living Rosary, Candlelight Procession, - Exposition & Adoration of The Blessed Sacrament
Feast of The Assumption of Mary-Wednesday, August 15
8:30 PM: "Godzinki" Devotional Morning Prayers in Polish 9:00 AM: Mass in Polish 10:00 AM: Divine Liturgy in the Byzantine Rite - Ukrainian and English 11:00 AM: Stations of the Cross, Anointing of the Sick & Aged 12:15 PM: Final Mass - Blessing for Plenary Indulgence - Lunch in the Parish Hall
Sunday August 19 - 5th Annual Mass for the Unborn at the Grotto: 12:15 pm
Rosary with Knights of Columbus before Mass Luncheon and program to follow in Parish Hall
Kaposvar is five kilometres south of Esterhazy, near the Manitoba border.
Kaposvar was founded by Count Paul Esterhazy who brought Hungarian families to settle here in 1886. A simple log church was built in 1892. The present church was constructed on 1906 and 1907 by brothers of Father Jules Pirot. Hungarian settlers hauled stones by land boats from their surrounding farms and assisted in the construction of the church. It was officially opened in 1908. During 1941-42 the youth of the parish built the Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes. The first pilgrimage took place in the Marian Year of 1954 and attracted some 2500 pilgrims. A stone Stations of the Cross was built in 1986.
In 1961 the parish amalgamated with Our Lady of Victories Roman Catholic Church as there were no longer enough farmers to maintain the upkeep of the church. During this time Kaposvar was made a mission and used for weddings, anniversaries, or special request masses. Presently, it is still used for such occasions. This historical site has been the scene of an annual pilgrimage each summer with hundreds of people in attendance.
Sunday August 19th 2018
Venue: 3 miles South & ½ mile West of Esterhazy on Grid 637
Contact Bea Twardzik 306 745-6374, Eola Stevenson 306 740-6095, or Our Lady of Victories Parish in Esterhazy – 306-745-3315 for more information