December 12 is the Feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe, and it also the National Day of Prayer in Solidarity with Indigenous Peoples, organized by the Canadian Catholic Indigenous Council and supported by the CCCB.
In this international year of Indigenous languages, as declared by the United Nations, the Canadian Catholic Indigenous Council offers a prayer calling for the global protection and revitalization of Indigenous languages.
In honour of this year‘s theme, and to celebrate our Lady of Guadalupe, we will gather to pray the rosary in Cree and English, with songs in both languages as well.
Please join us at St Cecelia’s parish at 7:00 p.m. on Dec 12, 2019. Refreshments to follow.
Prayer intentions in honour of National Day of Prayer in Solidarity with Indigenous Peoples:
• We pray for Indigenous peoples throughout our country, and particularly within our Archdiocese. That we would build relationships rooted in truth, justice, humility and love as we journey towards healing and reconciliation.
• We pray for all Indigenous students who died while attending residential schools, for their grieving families, and all who mourn their loss.
• We pray for our own Archdiocesan initiatives as we endeavour to respond to the TRC Calls to Action within our parishes, schools, formation for those in leadership, and justice initiatives with other churches and the wider community.
• Through the intercession of Our Lady of Guadalupe, patroness of Indigenous peoples, may Mary wrap her mantle of love, protection and healing on us as we walk in solidarity with Indigenous peoples.
• Through the intercession of Our Lady of Guadalupe, May Mary guide us as we strive to build bridges of healing and reconciliation, between Indigenous and Non-Indigenous Peoples.
Page URL: http://archregina.sk.ca/calendar/indigenous-relations/2019-12-12/december-12-feast-day-our-lady-guadalupe-and-it-also