Annual Pilgrimage Sites

Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine, St. Peter's Colony, Kronau, SK

SUNDAY AUGUST 14, 2022

Kronau

In 1913 Rev. Henry Metzger, a French priest from Alsace-Lorraine, was assigned to St. Peter’s Colony at Kronau.  He envisioned a grotto built in honour of Our Lady of Lourdes on the banks that skirted Many Bone Creek. The people were determined to build a shrine as planned and excavation began in the spring of 1917.  After two months of concentrated community effort , the grotto, the first in the archdiocese was completed.  The first pilgrimage was held on August 15, 1917 with five thousand pilgrims in attendance.  Archbishop Mathieu came to bless the shrine. The Annual pilgrimage is held on second weekend of August

SUNDAY AUGUST 14, 2022

1:00 pm – Adoration/Benediction & Reconciliation in the Grotto

2:15 pm – Rosary in the Grotto

3:00 pm – Mass in the Grotto

Main Celebrant and Homilist – Fr. Chinh Vu

 

There will be anointing of the sick following Mass (please register at our greeting stations that day prior to Mass).

All priests of the Archdiocese are invited to attend and assist with Mass and Reconciliation

Remember to bring umbrellas and water bottles for the sunny day!

(MASKS ARE RECOMMENDED and hand sanitizer will be provided.)

**THERE WILL BE NO LUNCH FOLLOWING MASS.

YOU ARE WELCOME TO BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH AND PICNIC ON OUR GROUNDS. (Please social distance)

 Although registration is not required you will be asked to sign in when you arrive. Please be advised that we will do our best to accommodate the maximum number allowed by the Government of Saskatchewan.

For more details please visit our website www.stpeterkronau.ca or call Fr. Chinh Vu at 306-771-2387

Venue:  24 km. SE of  Regina on Hwy 33,  10 km. east of Kronau)

 *********************************************************************************************

St. Philomena Walking Pilgrimage

The 4th annual Saint Philomena Walking Pilgrimage is scheduled for August 11th to 14th, 2022. This is a supported walk, rest stops and meals are provided and a trailer carries camping supplies between nightly stops. Pilgrims are invited to join us for all of the walk, a few steps or anything in between.  Registration deadline is Aug 4th. The pilgrimage starts at St Mary’s in Yorkton on  August 11th, and it ends at Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine at Rama on August 14th. For more information visit our website stphilomena.ca or phone Dave or Bev at 306 728 5525

St. Philomena Walking Pilgrimage

 *********************************************************************************************

Annual Pilgrimage Our Lady of Lourdes, Rama, SK - August 14-15, 2022

Motor Coach Info:

August 14, 2022

Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine - Rama,SK. Motor Coach for Return Trip on Aug.14 for Annual Pilgrimage with  Paradigm Charter – Regina. Departure: 10:00 am (SHARP)    Walmart Parking Lot on Prince of Wales    Pick up at Melville Mall off Highway

At approximately 12:00 Noon,    Pick up at Yorkton Parkland Mall,  At approximately 12:30 pm. Approximate arrival in Rama: 2:00 pm. Return same day. Cost: $35.00. Contact: Joseph @ 306-531-9833 by  August 1st. To book Supper (by Aug.2): 306-593-6120. For more information visit: RamaShrine.ca and click on EVENTS

 

In 1933 Oblate Father Anthony Sylla, OMI was appointed the first resident pastor.  Fr. Sylla had a personal devotion to Mary and he began planning the the building of a grotto with his Polish and Ukrainian parishioners.  The onset of the depression years delayed his plans.  Construction began in 1939 and in 1940 a large front wall and side wings were erected in the form of a half circle. On June 15, 1941, Msgr A.J. Janssen, Vicar General of the Archdiocese of Regina, blessed the shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes.  The first pilgrimage was organized  that year. In 1944 a cross was placed on top of the grotto and statues of the Sorrowful Mother and Saint John were erected at the foot of the cross.   Three statues of Christ were added to the grotto as well - statues depicting the Lord taken down from the cross, one of the Lord in the Tomb and one of the Resurrection of Jesus.  In 1954 the Knights of Columbus donated a statue of Our Lady of Grace and built an artificial lake.  In the late 1959 the Stations of the Cross were erected around the grotto. 

Venue: Rama is 45 km. northwest of Canora next to St. Anthony's Church on Highway #5

Contact St. Patrick’s Parish, Sturgis at (306) 548-2042 

 

 ****************************************************************************************

Notre Dame d'Auvergne/Our Lady of Sorrows Pigrimage, Ponteix SK

 

Ponteix

In 1908 Father Albert Royer founded the parish of Notre-Dame d’Auvergne (Our Lady of Auvergne) in this mainly French farming community. A 400-year old statue of Our Lady of Sorrows was given to Fr. Royer by a friend from Auvergne, France. The statue was originally covered in gold. It had been hidden by peasants during the French Revolution to save it from desecration and vandalism. The statue was the only thing to survive a fire that destroyed the church in 1922. The new church was completed in 1930 and in 1934 the pilgrimages began.

88th ANNUAL PILGRIMAGE OF NOTRE DAME D’AUVERGNE, PONTEIX – SATURDAY, JULY 16, 2022

Date & Time : Saturday, July 16th from 2:00-9:00pm            

Theme : With Mary, we are all one in Jesus (Gal 3,28)

Speaker : Fr. John Baptist Okai                   

2:00pm – Welcome & Presentation

3:00pm – Chaplet of Divine Mercy

3:30pm – Coffee break at the Parish Hall

4:00pm – Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament and the Sacrament of Reconciliation

4:50pm – Anointing of the Sick

5:30pm – Supper at the Parish Hall                                  

7:30pm – Holy Mass presided by Fr. John Baptist    Okai, followed by candlelight procession with           the Pietà. Lunch will follow at the Parish Hall.

 

 **********************************************************************************************

Our Lady of La Salette, Forget, SK

 

Forget

The La Salette Fathers introduced devotions to Our Lady of La Salette in the first church established at Forget in 1899.  Pilgrimages were held here from 1922 to 1929.  In the early fifties, under the direction of Rev. H. Poirier, an impressive outdoor shrine of fieldstone was erected.  Annual pilgrimages to the shrine were revived by Archbishop O’Neill in 1954.  

Our Lady of  La Salette Shrine,  in Forget, Sask.

Sunday, June 9th, 2019

2:00 PM – Holy Hour

3:00 Pm – Reconciliation

3:30 PM – Procession to the Shrine a Recitation of the Rosary

4:00 PM – Mass  celebrated by  Bishop James Weisgerber

[Following the Mass, Supper will be available at the Stoughton Legion Hall. All are welcome!]

All are invited to join us for a day of faith and fellowship!

Please bring a lawn chair to use at the Shrine

 

Venue: Forget is off Highway 13 and is 11 kms east of Stoughton. 
Contact Shirley Coderre 306-457-3173 or Sr. Jacqueline Lussier 306-457-3119

 

**********************************************************************************************

 

Calvary Memorial Shrine, Candiac, SK























 

Date: The Annual Pilgrimage is always held on the 4th Sunday  July 22, 2018
Venue: 
(The shrine is visible from HWY 48 in Candiac on the North East Corner) 

For More Information Contact: Montmarte Mission Parish at (306)424-2026 

 

 **********************************************************************************************

 

Grotto Kateri Tekakwitha, File Hills, SK

 

File HIlls

The grotto was built in 1987 to celebrate the Marian Year. The Blessed Kateri Shrine and a native cairn were also constructed and in 1988 a Way of the Cross was added. The cairn is made of split field stones designed in the shape of an eagle, a traditional symbol for the Great Spirit.

Annual pilgrimage is held the last Sunday in June.

Venue(The shrine is 12 km. east of Balcarres on Highway #10, and 6 km. north)
Contact Sr. Bernadette Feist (306) 332-6838 

 

**********************************************************************************************

 

Shrine of Mary, Queen of Hearts Pilgrimage, Lestock, SK

 

Lestock

In the 1930's and 1940's parish priest, Father J. A. Menard, encouraged devotion to Mary, Queen of All Hearts and received approval by Archbishop Monahan in 1942.  In 1943 a statue of Our Lady was erected.  In 1951 the title of the church was changed from St. Gertrude to Mary, Queen of All Hearts.   Archbishop O’Neill authorized the erection of a shrine adjoining the new rectory . The first public pilgrimage was held during the 1954 Marian year.

Annual Pilgrimage & Confirmation is being held on Sunday 21st July 2019.
Mass at 4:00 PM, Archbishop Donald Bolen presiding, followed by supper at 5:30 PM.

Venue: Mary, Queen of All Hearts Shrine in Lestock. (Lestock is 110 km. north of Regina on Highway #6, and is 42 km. east of Raymore on Highway #15)

Contact Sacred Heart Parish, Raymore at (306) 746-2081

**********************************************************************************************

 

Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine, Kaposvar, SK

 

Kaspovar

Kaposvar is five kilometres south of Esterhazy, near the Manitoba border. 

Kaposvar was founded by Count Paul Esterhazy who brought Hungarian families to settle here in 1886.  A simple log church was built in 1892. The present church was constructed on 1906 and 1907 by brothers of Father Jules Pirot.  Hungarian settlers hauled stones by land boats  from their surrounding farms and assisted in the construction of the church. It was officially opened in 1908.  During 1941-42 the youth of the parish built the Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes.  The first pilgrimage took place in the Marian Year of 1954 and attracted some 2500 pilgrims.  A stone Stations of the Cross was built in 1986.

In 1961 the parish amalgamated with Our Lady of Victories Roman Catholic Church as there were no longer enough farmers to maintain the upkeep of the church. During this time Kaposvar was made a mission and used for weddings, anniversaries, or special request masses. Presently, it is still used for such occasions.  This historical site has been the scene of an annual pilgrimage each summer with hundreds of people in attendance.

Sunday August 21, 2022

Venue: 3 miles South & ½ mile West of Esterhazy on Grid 637
5km south and west of Esterhazy

Contact Bea Twardzik at 306-745-6374
or  Eola Stevenson at 306-740-6095 for more information

 

****************************************************************************************

 

Page URL: http://archregina.sk.ca/department-pastoral-services/annual-pilgrimage-sites