Our Lady of Peace Parish Grand Opening

Printer-friendly versionSend by email

Our Lady of Peace Parish Grand Opening

On Sunday August 27, 2017 the parishioners of Our Lady of Peace parish celebrated the grand opening of their newly renovated church and the installation of Fr. James Olologba as their new pastor. They were joined by Archbishop Donald Bolen, former parishioners and clergy, who travelled to join them on this special occasion.

Not that long ago, it  looked like there would not be a church in the North Central area at all. The parishes of St. Charles, Good Samaritan and Canadian Martyrs were all slated to be closed but in August of 2014 Archbishop Daniel Bohan felt there was sufficient interest to keep at least one parish open in this area. Meetings were held and  a vote was taken which eventually decided that St. Charles and Canadian Martyr’s parishes would be sold and the funds used to create a worship space in the existing Good Samaritan building, which was renamed Our Lady of Peace. A building addition committee was then formed which spent many hours deciding on the space they opened officially on Sunday. Fr. Peter Nguyen, was the pastor of the newly named parish and his faith and enthusiasm for the project were contagious. However, before the project was finished, Fr. Peter moved to Houston, Texas where he is currently serving as pastor.  He was invited back for this special parish unveiling and was able to see the realization of what he began.

When Fr. Nguyen moved, Fr. James Owolagba was assigned as temporary pastor and on Sunday he was officially installed by Archbishop Donald Bolen as pastor.

Archdiocese of Regina
445 N. Broad St.
S4R 2X8 Regina , Saskatchewan
Phone: 306-352-1651
Fax: 306-545-0510
Saskatchewan CA
Very Rev. Lorne Crozon, V.G.
Vicar General
Ph:
(306) 586-0449
(306) 586-0009