Please ask the pastors and parishes to include this request in their announcements or bulletins.
"Camp Monahan is in urgent need of a camp cook starting July 21. This is a short term position that will end August 19, 2018. Please contact the Archdiocese of Regina or Marci Brisborne Executive Director Camp Monahan for details regarding the job posting and requirements.
Leona Burkhart lburkhartarchregina [dot] sk [dot] calburkhartarchregina [dot] sk [dot] caSharon Bender sbenderarchregins [dot] sk [dot] caMarci Brisborne, Executive Director Camp Monahan campmonahansasktel [dot] net
Camp Cook Job Description
Camp Monahan, a children’s summer camp, located on the south shores of Lake Katepwa in the Qu'Appelle Valley, is looking for an enthusiastic experienced cook for the 2018 season. You will be working as part of team that provides a fun, challenging camping experience with Catholic/Christian principles. Room and board is provided onsite.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
● Working with a rotating menu that represents Canada’s Food Guide; preparing 3 meals and 2 snacks daily for approximately 70 – 120 campers, ages 6 – 16, camp staff and volunteers
●Communicating with Camp Director, Executive Director and Board of Directors’ Representative regularly to ensure food supply and demand within budget is maintained
● Attention to detail especially as it relates to campers with food sensitivities/special needs and maintaining a clean kitchen, dining hall to meet Public Health Standards
● Working with senior program staff for menu and food prep for offsite cooking
● Responsible to give direction and support to kitchen volunteers
● Assisting with serving meals/ snacks
● End of season shut down of kitchen that includes goods and equipment storage
● Reporting of inventory and final season wrap up report
● Safe Food Handling certificate is mandatory
● Knowledge and understanding of the Canadian Food Guide
● Knowledge of current WHMIS guidelines
● Experience with preparing meals for a large group
First Aid/CPR C – an asset
Practicing Catholic and/or comfortable with Christian teachings and practices
● Ability to work with youth in a positive manner and act as a role model at all times
● Ability to work as part of a team
● Excellent communication and organizational skills
Number of vacancies: 1
Terms: Full time, immediate start date to August 19, 2018
Wage: TBD based on experience
How to apply: by email with cover letter, sample menu and resume to - monahanappsonlygmail [dot] comApplication deadline: this position will be filled when a suitable candidate is identified
All certifications and a criminal/vulnerable sector record check are required at the time of hire.